Are you an intelligent, ambitious Head of Engineering? Are you a first rate problem-solver and problem-finder; who gets excited by the prospect of building the future of one of London's brightest payment Fintech startups? This is a great opportunity for you to get in at the very beginning - as this payments Fintech goes through a period of rapid growth.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience leading engineering teams to build secure, resilient, and scalable REST based platform solutions. You’ll have a passion for great UX & UI and be used to centring your thoughts around rapid delivery of high-quality features for users. You will have defined solution and software architectures, evolving them to meet internal and external requirements. You will also preferably have previously worked as a software engineer with experience in mobile app development, backend system development, and cloud deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
In this role you will:
· Take day-to-day responsibility for technical delivery across the engineering team.
· Collaborating with the product team to cultivate secure and efficient platform services.
· Architecting all modules of the core systems: the backend systems, the APIs, and the tools/technologies that keep everything humming.
· Overseeing day-to-day engineering of the platform by the front and back-end engineering teams, ensuring scalability and modularity is at the centre of all components..
· Supporting end-to-end team coding, along with automated testing and deployment.
· Providing the ultimate role model for engineering team members, mentoring, and coaching to improve the overall capability of the team and products.
· Overseeing sprint planning with the CTO and product team, committing to timely execution of features, and prioritising within sprints where necessary.
· Maintaining an in-depth view of low-level engineering across technology