Are you a high-calibre software engineering professional whose passion is leading and growing successful Tech teams from the ground up?
Are you now looking to join an exciting FinTech, where your proven experience heading up an engineering function in a high-paced environment, can be fully utilised?
Mostyn Chase is excited to be partnering with a fast-growing fintech who are looking to recruit an ambitious, forward thinking Head of Engineering. You will be an early hire into the team, with the opportunity to assist in shaping and streamlining an effective software engineering function and help grow the product and the team.
This role requires someone who has managed teams across multiple remote locations, someone who can assist with strategy. You must have experience of scaling up and growing a digital native team in multiple locations remotely. We are looking for someone who comes from a strong coding background, but who has since moved into a leadership role.
You'll be heavily involved and leading architecture discussions, leading teams from an engineering vision perspective as well as day to day product enhancements. We will be looking for you to build best practice engineering rigours.
The successful candidate will also lead the development of the Data Strategy & Platform and be responsible for developing and governing the data and information strategy to drive business decisions and growth.
You will identify the successful goals aligned to the overall company strategy and mission, manage and coach technical leads across backend, frontend and data science, and write outstanding code, defining the future architecture.
What we look for in your professional skills:
* Led and grown successful Tech teams from the ground up, of between 3 to 30 people
* Proven experience of managing software development teams in multiple locations including people management of Software Engineering Teams
* Experience in full software development lifecycle from design to deployment, understanding best practices and trends in software development
* Technically hands-on and have a deep understanding of payments and ledger technologies
* Experience of designing and implementing data strategies, including data governance, security and related regulations
* Good experience working with Scrum or other Agile methodologies
* Technically hands on with PHP/MySQL/Lambda/ReactNative and the ecosystem around them.
* Good exposure and working experience of any cloud technologies like AWS, Google Cloud or Azure, having expertise on AWS would be added advantage
* Good exposure to No-SQL databases, API gateways, Microservices-based system architecture
* Experience working in fast paced, start-up environments and possess a pragmatic approach to problem solving
* Demonstrable experience in delivering against milestones, KPI’s and strategies
* Excellent Stakeholder management skills and feel at home interfacing between technical and non-technical teams
What you can expect:
* A competitive salary as well as the opportunity for equity in the company.
* A mix of working from home and within a fun and vibrant office environment
* Regular team lunches and socials (in line with current Covid guidelines)
* Opportunities for personal growth, professional development and further training
* An increasing list of staff benefits as the company scales