Java Engineer EMV Engineer with experience in and a love for programming in Java/Kotlin, as well as connecting mobile applications to mid-layer and back-end services via REST and GraphQL.
Mostyn Chase are excited to be partnering with an ambitious payments Fintech company who are in the process of developing a ground-breaking payments product. An early project in this role will be to integrate with a contactless kernel SDK, and to work with the mobile team to build that integration into our cross-platform mobile application
In this role you will be:
● Collaborating with the product team to cultivate a fast and efficient user experience.
● Developing complex features using your skills in Java, the EMV specification, and Android.
● Respecting data security as an important part of the role.
● Connecting front-end features to mid-layer and back-end services.
● Striving to improve the platform with high-quality code and great testing.
● Assisting solutions architects/engineering leads in the planning of wider features.
● Engaging in sprint planning with the product team, committing to timely execution of features, and prioritising within sprints where necessary.
● Assisting senior members of staff and the business development team to demonstrate test builds of a given feature.
● Contributing to the construction and shipping of a world-class product, achieving a high standard of quality in the process.
● Championing security, scalability, and resilience throughout the organisation.
Our app is built using the Ionic framework, Angular and uses the Capacitor runtime. Our back-end (written in Kotlin) exposes a GraphQL API and uses PostgreSQL, PostGraphile, Docker and Kubernetes.
If you are interested in discussing this role further, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.